CUPS and Equitrac UNIX print

Anders Bäck anders.back at exait.se
Thu Jan 22 02:07:16 PST 2009

Ok, my bad.

I'll have another look at PrintAgent, but my concern at the moment is more about kerberized CUPS and Equitrac.

I got hold of the latest Equitrac UNIX Print server guide and found the following:

"You should be using the standard UNIX printing subsystem. While Equitrac Express UNIX printing supports CUPS and LPRng printing subsystems, it does not support some third-party printing subsystems, such as PDQ (Print, Don’t Queue)."

If I interpret the above correctly Equitrac won't be a problem, in contrast to getting kerberized CUPS to work...which at present might have some snafoos (presumtive nessesity that all clients must have a registerd SPN, instead of just having SGT's ?) but with a little luck someone might help me out with _all_ system requirements for kerberized CUPS to work...perhaps Mr Michael R Sweet might come to the rescue ;) ?

/A