[cups.bugs] [LOW] STR #3641: pstops filter produces no output from gnuplot ps files.

Carl Michal michal at physics.ubc.ca
Fri Aug 13 08:15:56 PDT 2010

[STR Closed w/Resolution]

I've now installed cups-1.4.4.  But I see the same as before.  Sending this
file to a non-ps printer (HP1020) results in no output.  The job dies and
is left in the queue until removed manually.

Doing the following:

cat gnuplottest.ps |/usr/libexec/cups/filter/pstops 1 1 1 1 'PageSize=A4'
> test-pstops.ps

gives a postscript file that renders 0 pages. For example then doing:

cat test-pstops.ps | gs  -dQUIET -dPARANOIDSAFER -dNOPAUSE -dBATCH
-dNOMEDIAATTRS -sDEVICE=png16m -sstdout=%stderr -sOUTPUTFILE=%stdout -c -f
-_  >out.png

(command line based on Till's at the above referenced bug) produces a file
of zero length.  But processing the original ps file with the same gs
command gives a png file with an image in it.

I'm using ghostscript-8.71.

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L3641
Version: 1.3.11
Fix Version: 1.4.4