How to print through Windows 7 client via ipp

kapz vyas.kaps at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 02:02:26 PDT 2012

I have ubuntu 11.10 32 bit installed on my machine, USB printer is attached to it (Samsung ML-1670). I have cups running and I can print fine from that Ubuntu machine however I also have another PC connected via LAN, that machine has Windows 7  64 bit installed and samsung universal print driver installed. I want to share the printer through IPP so I have added the printer in Windows 7 successfully, but whenever I try to print it the print goes and nothing ever happens, except the first time where printer just rolls but prints nothing.
I have also shared the printer via cups admin page and added the windows user to be able to print list. What am I doing wrong I cannot find a simple answer on google either! please help.

Thanks,
kapz