[cups.general] Need to add a filter for barcode software

Johannes Meixner jsmeix at suse.de
Tue Jan 17 02:41:26 PST 2012

Hello,

On Jan 13 12:13 Al Smith wrote (excerpt):
> I am trying to figure out how to add this filter to CUPS.
>
> Basically how it works is this to do it manually
> you would use the following command:
>
> ontap_ohplaser.exe < txt_file_barcode > output.file
>
> lp -d destination output.file

Depending on whether or not the "destination" queue is a raw queue
or a queue with usual CUPS filtering you would use a so called
"System V style interface script" if "destination" was a raw queue
or you may add an additional filter to the usual CUPS filters, see
http://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Using_Your_Own_Filters_to_Print_with_CUPS
for background information and general ideas how this could be done.

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner