[cups] cups-2.0.3 && problem/error in resulting PostScript code

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Fri Jan 15 03:08:07 PST 2016

Hello,

Here is the other problem I mentioned. I configured a Generic PostScript
printer and when I send the test page produced by cups, it contains at
the start after the PortScript Comments section, some code which the
printer can not understand, it just prints out some error messages as:

ERROR:
invalidaccess
OFFENDING COMMAND:
]
STACK:

I captured the PostScript file which the socket backend sends to port
9100 with netcat and have it here: http://www.unixarea.de/9100.ps

If I bring the file with ghostscript to a X11 display, it looks fine.

What does the "garbage" at the beginning mean?

	matthias

--
Matthias Apitz, ✉ guru at unixarea.de, ⌂ http://www.unixarea.de/  ☎ +49-176-38902045
UNIX since V7 on PDP-11 | UNIX on mainframe since ESER 1055 (IBM /370)