[cups] empty page_log file

Johannes Meixner jsmeix at suse.de
Tue May 24 02:49:40 PDT 2016

Hello,

On May 23 16:34 Spike wrote (excerpt):
> https://answers.launchpad.net/hplip/+question/249113
> *cupsFilter: "application/vnd.cups-postscript 0 hpps"

For some info about HP's hpps filter from my point of view
you may also have a look at what I wrote in
https://answers.launchpad.net/hplip/+question/263150

If you have regular PostScript printers see
in particular what I wrote at
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1424539
regarding hpps and regular PostScript printers.

Regarding if your HP M401dne and HP M225dw
are actually regular PostScript printers go to
http://hplipopensource.com/hplip-web/supported_devices/combined.html
and follow the links to your models:

According to
http://hplipopensource.com/hplip-web/models/laserjet/hp_laserjet_400_m401dne.html
the HP LaserJet 400 m401dne belongs to the
   APDK device class(es): Postscript
which means it should be a regular PostScript printer.

According to
http://hplipopensource.com/hplip-web/models/laserjet/hp_laserjet_pro_mfp_m225dw.html
the HP LaserJet Pro MFP m225dw
   REQUIRES a downloadable driver plug-in
which could mean it is a weak device that cannot
work as a regular printer but it also belongs to the
   APDK device class(es): Postscript
which indicates that the plain printer unit
works as a regular PostScript printer and the
downloadable driver plug-in is only needed for
other functionality - in
http://hplipopensource.com/node/309
there is a link to
http://hplipopensource.com/hplip-web/plugin.html
where for the HP LaserJet Pro MFP m225dw
the downloadable driver plug-in is only needed for
   1.Scanning support. 2.Faxing support.

You may also have a look at the section about
"Printer plus Scanner all-in-one devices" in
https://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Printer_buying_guide

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner
Graham Norton - HRB 21284 (AG Nuernberg)