[cups] Sending mail from a CentOS7 virtual machine to Fuji Xerox ApeosPort-IV C4475 problem

マスターズ イアン ian at ncsa.jp
Tue Sep 4 21:09:58 PDT 2018

Hi Brian

Thanks for the suggestion.

> I've never used a VM or CentOS and have no access to a Windows machine.
> However, I can point you in the direction of the Debian wiki, which
might help.

> On Debian I would get a PPD for the printer from

> http://www.rcnp.osaka-u.ac.jp/Divisions/CN/info/p/Printer_Linux-en.html

Ha, just around the corner from me, here in Osaka ...

> and set up a queue to print to with lp:
> lpadmin -p C4475 -v socket://172.16.58.222 -P <PPD>

Well I grabbed the PPD file and used the command above to add the printer, which added successfully, but despite CUPS cheerfully reporting that it completed sending a print test, nothing arrived at the printer this time either.

Also, this time, with the PPD file instead of the official Xerox driver, it didn't show up in the list of printers in the Xerox printing utility, which means I couldn't try to set the security options.

Nothing in /var/log/cups/error_log
/var/log/cups/access_log reports:
localhost - - [05/Sep/2018:13:03:09 +0900] "POST /printers/C4475 HTTP/1.1" 200 406 Print-Job successful-ok
/var/log/cups/page_log reports:
C4475 3496 46 [05/Sep/2018:13:03:34 +0900] 1 1 - localhost Test Page - -

Not there yet, but thanks anyway.

ian