[cups] New desktop cannot connect to printer

Rolf-Werner Eilert rwe-sse at osnanet.de
Thu Oct 24 01:10:02 PDT 2019

Hi Rich,

Let me boil it down to this line

> Trying to ping that LAN printer (192.168.55.192) failed: "the network is
> unreachable." The network does work except for that printer.

Maybe this is a network configuration issue rather than one with cups?

When the network is 55.x and up and running, I would look if the
printer's IP has changed. Did LJ5 already have a network connection, or
do you use an IP dongle? For our old printers, I have been using such
dongles (IP to Parallel) for a long time, and I have seen cases where
the IP suddenly changed or was set back.

Hope it helps...

Regards
Rolf