[cups] cups 2 printersetup for one (hardware) printer

Simon Becherer simon at becherer.de
Mon Mar 4 22:13:18 PST 2024

Am 05.03.24 um 02:57 schrieb Douglas Kosovic:
> Hi Simon,
>
>> i am on cups 2.4.2 at opensuse tumbleweed not completely up to date.
>>
>> but i think this is more or less a general question:
>
> CUPS 2.4.2 has a number of bugs related to color printing, I would recommend upgrading to the latest version of CUPS that Tumbleweed updates offers.
>
> e.g. the following CUPS 2.4.2 color mode setting bugs:
> https://github.com/OpenPrinting/cups/pull/687
> https://github.com/OpenPrinting/cups/issues/421
>
> There was also a color related fix for non-IPP Everywhere print queues in a later version.
>
> You can set the default color-mode with the following commands:
>
> lpadmin -p SHARP_MX-3060N -o print-color-mode-default=color
>
> lpadmin -p SHARP_MX-3060N -o print-color-mode-default=monochrome
>

> Cheers,
> Doug

thanks for the hint, and the links, even i do not think its that problem,
i have the problem when i set the printer to color mode,
both printers are set to color mode, and if i set to grey,
both printers are set to gray, and if i set to "auto"
both printers are set to "auto"
but for sure updating is not a bad idea, i will do when having
some spare time.

do you know in what file the settings are stored (and overwrite the
default settings in the .ppd-file)?

simoN

--
www.becherer.de/AGB